Friday, August 15, 2014

If I Had A Backpack

If I Had a Backpack
Tune: If I Had a Hammer
Lyrics: Katelyn Macrae
August 15, 2014

If I had a backpack,
I’d pack it for school
Preparin’ for learning,
Everyday.
Learning ‘bout mathematics,
English and science,
And the history of my brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.

When I’m in the classroom,
Reading and writing,
Critically thinking,
And taking exams.
Sometimes I wonder,
What’s all the bother?
Why can’t there be love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land?

Now I’m an adult,
And I’ve got a briefcase,
With my laptop,
And a smartphone.
But sometimes I ponder,
Are we any smarter,
When we have strugglin’ between our brothers and our sisters
In so many lands?

We are the Church,
Called by Jesus,
To live the Good News,
In every way.*
We learn in the morning,
We pray in the evening,
And work for love between our brothers and our sisters
in all lands.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh.


*or every day

No comments:

Post a Comment